IEEE International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Security Trends CAST-2016 (19 – 21 December, 2016)
Call for Paper
IEEE International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Security Trends (CAST-2016) provides an opportunity for researchers, academicians, scientists and professional engineers to present their work, publish their results, exchange ideas and network for scientific and industrial collaborations.
Potential authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original unpublished research and recent developments in the topics related to the CAST-2016 conference. Full paper review will be conducted, Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital library for publication.
Paper Submission Deadline :19th June 2016
Notification of Acceptance :18th September 2016
Conference :19th – 21st Dec 2016
Scope and Topics of Interest
To ensure complete coverage of the advances in the field of computing, topics of interests include the following areas but, are not limited to:
TRACK 1: DATA ANALYTICS, BIG DATA AND BIOINFORMATICS
- Data Analytics Tools, Frameworks and Mechanisms
- Analytics Visualization, High-performance, Mechanisms and Features
- Scalable data analytics, Predictive analytics, Sentiment/opinion analysis, Application-oriented analytics, Target analytics
- Big Data Algorithms and Programming Techniques, Analytics and Metrics, Big Data Processing and Management, Search and Mining, Platforms, Big Data Persistence and Preservation, Social networks, Economics.
- NoSQL architectures
- Evolutionary Bioinformatics: Next Generation Sequencing and its applications, Structural Bioinformatics: Protein/RNA structure and function Emerging trends in Proteomics
- Systems biology in Bioinformatics: Microarray Data Analysis, Medical Informatics: Clinical data analysis, Electronic Health Records, biomedical intelligence
- Computational Biology: Biomedical text mining, Biological data mining and visualization, Genomics: Gene Expression Analysis, RNA sequencing, Genome Sequence Search and Alignment
- Health care information systems: data acquisition, analysis and mining
TRACK 2: INFORMATION SECURITY AND NETWORKING
- Access Control , Applied Cryptography, Biometrics, Certification and Audits, Data Outsourcing Security, Cryptographic Currencies, Cyber security, Data security and Privacy, Digital Cash and Payment Systems
- Electronic Commerce Security, Intrusion Detection Systems, Key Management, Trust Management, Usability and Security, Web Security, Systems Security
- Security in Parallel and Distributed Systems, Mobile Systems Security and Privacy, Social Networks Security and Privacy
- Protection, Integrity and Privacy, Security Applications for Big Data, cloud computing, Networking
- Network Applications, Services, QoS management, Cross-layer design, Network Architecture, Algorithms, Modeling and Evaluation, Energy-aware communication
- Wireless, Sensor and Actor Networks, Ad hoc and Opportunistic Networks, Vehicular Networks, Mobile Networks, Pervasive Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT), Multimedia and Real-Time Networking
- Software Defined Networking, Storage Area Networks
- Network Performance, Analysis and Evaluation
- Wearable Network and System
- Router and switch design
TRACK 3: DISTRIBUTED, PARALLEL AND CLOUD COMPUTING
- Analysis and Design of Parallel and Distributed Algorithms
- Languages/Operating Systems for parallel processing
- GPGPU computing
- Architecture of parallel/distributed systems, Tools for parallel computing, Parallel (distributed) database systems, Networking aspects of parallel/distributed computing, Parallel/distributed scientific computing Applications
- High-performance computing Applications in molecular sciences
- Multimedia applications for parallel/distributed systems
- Grid networks, services and applications
- Distributed File Systems
- Hyper Scale/Hyper Converged Distributed Storage Design, Storage I/O Protocols
- Cloud as a Service, Cloud Infrastructure, Management and operations, Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Virtualization, loud Provisioning Orchestration, Architecture support, Development Tools, Platforms and Applications, Legal aspects and Service Level Agreement, Mobile computing advances in the Cloud, Performance optimization
TRACK 4: NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING AND INFORMATION RETRIEVAL
- NL-based representations and knowledge systems, Syntax and Semantics, NL understanding and generation, Language Models
- Co-reference Resolution
- Word Sense Disambiguation
- Text Cohesion and Coherence
- NL-based Human-Computer Interaction and machine translation
- NL in Learning Environments
- Standardization, Language Resources, Corpora Building and Annotation Languages
- Semantic Web, Ontologies, Reasoning
- Machine Learning applied to NL problems
- Language-oriented information retrieval
- Language-oriented question answering, summarization and information extraction
- Electronic dictionaries
- Text mining
- Information and knowledge structures
- Information retrieval systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Knowledge acquisition
- Knowledge and information extraction and discovery techniques
- Knowledge classification tools
- Knowledge and information management techniques
- Knowledge extraction from images/pictures
- Knowledge mining
TRACK 5: SIGNAL PROCESSING, MULTIMEDIA AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
- Image and Video Processing
- Speech and Audio Signal Processing
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biometric Security
- Remote Sensing and Satellite Image Processing
- Pattern Matching and Computer Vision
- Multimedia Communication
- Multimedia Security
- Re-Configurable Computing
- Embedded System Application
- Internet of Things and Embedded Systems
TRACK 6: GREEN COMPUTING AND SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS
- Green Computing infrastructure, Energy efficient networking, communication and protocols, Energy efficiency in data centers and large-scale data processing, Measurement and modeling of energy consumption, Using IT to reduce carbon emissions
- Smart Energy metering infrastructure and technologies, Smart Grid and Micro-grids, Applications, Data fusion, Mining and Modeling
- Smart sensing systems, Smart city, Smart buildings
- Green design, Green datacenters
Guidelines for submission:
- Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers by the deadline 19th June 2016 for publication in the IEEE CAST-2016 Conference Proceedings.
- It is required that the manuscript follows the standard IEEE camera-ready format (IEEE standard format, double column, 10-point font). Submissions must include title, author and affiliation with email address, abstract and keywords. The IEEE templates in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found at :http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html. Please ensure that your submissions can be displayed and printed without further processing using only standard tools and postscript printers. All submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of Six (6) printed pages including figures. Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process.
- CAST-2016 will offer a variety of publication formats, including full papers, short papers and posters. All papers will be subjected to peer review by the Technical Program Committee. The Technical Program Committee reserves the right to determine whether a submitted paper is accepted for presentation as a long paper, short paper, or poster. All accepted papers and posters will be published in the proceedings. Full papers will be receiving longer presentation time during the conference as compared to the short papers. There will be a best paper award for each track, which is selected out of the presented full papers based on the evaluation by the Technical Program Committee. The winners will be declared during the conference.
- Paper submission SHOULD NOT be intended to get reviews from the Technical Committee for the sole purpose of improving on the quality of the paper.
- Authors should submit their papers online. CAST-2016 uses EasyChair for submission of papers and review process. Unregistered authors should first create an account on EasyChair to log in.
- All submitted papers will be subjected to a "Similarity (plagiarism) Test" by Turnitin plagiarism checker. Papers achieving a high similarity score will be examined and those that are deemed unacceptable will be rejected without a formal review.
- Paper clearing the similarity test will undergo a full paper review.
- Acceptance of papers will be communicated to authors via email.
- To ensure appropriate consideration of conflicts of interest during the review process, the CAST-2016 prohibits changes in the list of authors of a paper once a paper has been submitted for review, during the review process, or final publication (if accepted).
- Accepted papers will be published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library, provided that:
- The final version of the accepted paper is prepared strictly as per IEEE format and has gone through PDF eXpress check;
- IEEE Copyright form is signed;
- At least one author of the accepted paper must register at the conference by paying the appropriate registration fees;
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference